I do a lot of projects and want them to be more than just pretty, I want them to be usable.
I want to keep it real for all of you who may want to try any of my projects,
so here goes my
"Keeping it Real" update!
Remember these adorable roman blinds I made for Ashlee's room?
(You can go back and see how to make these Roman Shades from Mini Blinds,
but first read the rest of this update.)
I love them, and she uses them everyday, but the other day I noticed they weren't pulling up right; you couldn't see the cute pompom detail when you pulled them up. Upon further examination I found the cord had ripped right through the vinyl slats.
(see photo below)
It ripped through all three spots the strings threaded through, on at least two whole slats.
I did not want to take the whole thing apart to fix it so I bought some dowels for reinforcement, but they weren't long enough. My window is 50" wide.
So plan B,
I purchased an adjustable sash rod at Walmart for $3.94.
I pulled the two sliding pieces apart and had two rods. I then just hand stitched them in place over each pull string.
(See photo above.)
The rod gives the support, but if I were to do these blinds again I would add these supports while making them or I would use metal mini blinds.
Here is the exact rod I bought , click on it for the link.
My solution is working great!
I know it's late, but I just had to share a few Halloween photo's.
Thanks for indulging me!!
Ashlee dressed up as Rosie the Riveter!
Isn't she just the cutest!
(I didn't pick this for her or pose her. This was all her.)
Em wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood with a twist!
I think she barely got away from the Big Bad Wolf!!
We created the deep scratches with Karol syrup, toilet paper, and red make up!
It only took a few minutes!!
And Branden was a gorilla!!
After his makeup he took off for trick or treating before I could get a photo!!
But he looked
Thanks for stopping by!